Hi it’s Jo-Anna back again from A Pretty Life, and I’m here to share another delicious recipe with you! With St. Patrick’s Day just around the corner, I thought it might be nice to share a recipe to mark the day. How about a big ol’ pot of gold, like an Easy Three Cheese Bacon Mac & Cheese served with an all green salad with a creamy avocado vinaigrette? Yum.
For this mac & cheese recipe I wanted to use cheeses with strong flavor, so I opted for old white cheddar cheese, cream cheese and goat cheese, and the combination is perfect. It’s tangy and cheesy, which is perfect for this dish. I also added crumbled cooked bacon to this dish which adds another level of deliciousness. Flavor. Explosion.
This dish comes out so creamy and cheesy, you’ll definitely want seconds! The shell noodles hold the sauce perfectly so you get sauce in every bite…so good. This is comfort food at it’s best!
- ½ lb uncooked shell noodles
- ¼ cup butter
- ¼ flour
- ½ – 1 tsp dry mustard powder
- 1½ cups milk
- 1 cup cream
- 4 oz (1/2 block) cream cheese
- ¼ cup goat cheese
- 4 cups shredded old white cheddar cheese (more if you wish!)
- 8 slices of cooked bacon
- salt & pepper to taste
- While you are making the white cheese sauce, prepare the noodles by following the instructions on the noodle package.
- In a saucepan over low to medium heat, melt the butter, then whisk in the flour and dry mustard powder and cook for about 3 minutes, whisking the entire time.
- Slowly add in the milk and cream and whisk until the butter/flour mixture has blended in well.
- Whisk until the milk mixture thickens.
- Once the mixture has thickened, stir in the cream cheese and goat cheese until they have melted.
- Then stir in the shredded white cheddar cheese until it is mixed thoroughly.
- Toss the cooked noodles with the cheese sauce.
- Stir in the cooked and crumbled bacon.
- Salt & pepper to taste.
- Serve with a green salad and enjoy!
This pot of Three Cheese Bacon Mac & Cheese deliciousness would be great served with a glass of Kendall-Jackson Vintner’s Reserve Chardonnay and an all green salad with a creamy avocado vinaigrette. A perfect pot o’ gold dinner for St. Patrick’s Day!
I hope you try this recipe and enjoy it as much as we did! Have a delicious day!
Powered by WPeMatico