Make these Mango Peach Crepes for Mother’s Day! They’re simple and delicious!
Hello Kendall-Jackson friends it’s, Jo-Anna from A Pretty Life Blog! I’m back to share a scrumptious recipe with you, just in time for Mother’s Day! These Mango Peach Crepes are a delicious way to celebrate your Mom.
There’s something about crepes that make a brunch feel so special. Maybe it’s because we don’t tend to make them very often? Maybe it’s all the delicious toppings you pile on top? Or maybe it’s the whipped cream? What I do know, is that crepes are the best kind of breakfast, and if you want to make someone feel special, like your Mom, making crepes for her is a great place to start.
These Mango Peach Crepes are so delicious. To bring out the best flavour and the sweetness of the fruit, I roasted them in the oven with brown sugar, cinnamon and butter. And what we end up with is a sweet, soft and delicious mango peach topping that pairs so perfectly with freshly made crepes. Add a little whipped cream, and yummmm, best brunch ever.
You just can’t go wrong with this mango and peach flavour combination!
The mango peach topping may be the star of the show, but homemade crepes are close competition. Many people think that making crepes is hard work, but they are actually really easy to make. It’s as simple as putting all of the crepe ingredients into a blender and mixing them until they are smooth. Let the batter rest for about 30 minutes, then you’re ready to go. I think maybe the actual cooking part is what scares people, but it shouldn’t. If you have a crepe pan, making crepes is easier than making pancakes. And even if you don’t, you can use a regular non-stick skillet, or even a counter top griddle. The key is not to make them too big, as they need to be a manageable size for flipping. But if you love crepes and want to make them a regular at your breakfast table, I would highly recommend buying a crepe pan. I found mine at a home store for less than $20.
One great thing about crepes is that you can make them ahead of time as well. Just keep them in the oven on really low heat (200 degrees), until you are ready to load them up with delicious toppings and devour them. Don’t you just want to dig in?
If you want to get a little fancy, dust your dressed up crepes with some confectioner’s sugar. Everything tastes better with a little dusting of sugar.
And as an extra special Mother’s Day treat, enjoy these crepes with a crisp glass of Kendall-Jackson Vintner’s Reserve Chardonnay — perfection! Mom will love it. I know this Mom sure would!
Crepes: (makes 10-12 large crepes):
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 eggs
- 2 tbsp melted butter
- pinch cinnamon
- pinch salt
Mango Peach Topping:
- 3 ripe peaches, cut into small cubes
- 2 mangoes, peeled and cut into small cubes
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 2 tbsp butter, cut into small chunks
- Using a blender, combine all of the crepe ingredients, until smooth.
- Place the batter in the fridge for at least 30 minutes. You can make this batter a day ahead as well, as it keeps beautifully in the fridge!
- While the batter is resting in the fridge, you can make the mango peach topping.
Mango Peach Topping:
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees.
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Spread the chopped peaches and mango evenly out on the cookie sheet.
- Sprinkle with the brown sugar and cinnamon. With your hands or a spoon, gently mix together the fruit, sugar and cinnamon. Then make sure to spread the mixture out evenly on the cookie sheet.
- Add the small chunks of butter, making sure to distribute it evenly.
- Place the tray into your oven and bake for 15 to 20 minutes, or until the fruit is soft. Stir often. Note: You can cook the mixture longer if you prefer for your fruit to be more sauce-like. We like our fruit lightly baked so that it is still somewhat crunchy.
I hope you enjoy this recipe! Crepes are such a delicious and special breakfast treat. And to make your Mother’s Day Brunch extra special, make sure you set a pretty table! I’m sharing a simple and pretty Mother’s Day Table Setting on my site… I hope you can stop by and have a look!
Have a delicious day!
Powered by WPeMatico