Hello Kendall-Jackson friends it’s, Jo-Anna from A Pretty Life Blog sharing this delicious Raspberry Cheesecake Swirl Brownie recipe with you! Yes, it is as delicious as it sounds. This is the ultimate chocolate dessert… when a chocolate craving hits, this brownie recipe will cure it. It’s SO rich and chocolatey.
And to kick it up a notch I’ve added a creamy raspberry cream cheese swirl. Yes. Yes, I did. Because raspberries and chocolate were made to be together.
Cream cheese swirl brownies are really easy to make, so don’t be intimidated to try to make them on your own. It’s as easy as swirling together two simple mixtures — you really can’t go wrong. And the end result is so worth it.
For these brownies, I like to use homemade raspberry jam because it packs the most flavour. Making your own jam is really simple, especially when it’s just a small batch. To make your jam, it will only take you about 15 minutes, I promise! I’m sharing an easy, two-ingredient Raspberry Jam recipe over on my blog that you can use in this brownie recipe. But if you prefer, you can also use a pre-made raspberry jam.
Once the brownies are done baking, you have to use your strongest willpower to let them sit for at least an hour before you dig in. Two hours in the fridge is even better. Honestly, this is the hardest step in making these brownies!
Once they’ve cooled, pour yourself a glass of Kendall-Jackson Vintner’s Reserve Cabernet Sauvignon and dig in. So good.
Rich. Chocolatey. And raspberry delicious.
Raspberry Cream Cheese Swirl Brownies
- 1 1/2 cups butter
- 2 1/4 cups sugar
- 5 eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 3/4 cup + 1 tbsp flour
- 3/4 cup + 1 tbsp cocoa powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2/3 cup mini chocolate chips
The Raspberry Cream Cheese Swirl:
- 8 oz cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1/4 cup homemade raspberry jam
- 1 egg yolk
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Prepare a 9×9 inch square baking pan. I like to line the bottom of the pan with parchment paper, this makes it easy to remove the brownies from the pan once they’re baked.
- In a saucepan on low heat, melt together the butter and sugar. Then transfer the mixture into a mixing bowl, and set aside to cool slightly.
- In a separate bow, sift together the flour, cocoa powder and salt. Set aside.
- Once the butter/sugar mix has cooled slightly, add the eggs and vanilla and mix until smooth.
- Combine the wet ingredients with the dry. Mix well.
- Stir in the chocolate chips. Set aside.
The Raspberry Cream Cheese Swirl:
- Beat together the cream cheese, raspberry jam and egg yolk, until well combined and smooth.
Putting it all together:
- Spread half of the brownie batter in your prepared baking dish.
- Using half of the raspberry cream cheese mixture, add large tablespoon sized dollops of the cream cheese on the brownie batter, spaced about an inch apart.
- Using a knife, swirl the cream cheese mix, until you have a marbling effect like in the pictures above.
- Then spread on the remaining brownie batter.
- Then add the remaining cream cheese batter in clumps, and swirl again.
- Bake for approximately 1 hour and 30 minutes. Depending on your oven, it may take longer. The brownie will be done when the edges of the brownie have puffed, the centre of the cake feels firm to the touch, and a toothpick when inserted comes out clean.
- When the cake is done, remove from the oven and let cool to room temperature.
- Chill in the fridge for at least 2-3 hours before cutting.
Have a delicious day!
Blog Hero Image:
Powered by WPeMatico