Hello Kendall-Jackson friends it’s Jo-Anna from A Pretty Life Blog! Today, it’s all about pizza. And not just any pizza, this is a recipe for White Pizza with Chicken, Mushrooms and Mozzarella. A recipe that is perfect when served up with a glass of Kendall-Jackson Vintner’s Reserve Chardonnay. Yum.
Have you ever made a white sauce pizza? They’re such a delicious change from a traditional, red sauce pizza. After you taste one, you’ll wonder why you didn’t try making one sooner. In fact, the star of this pizza is the white sauce — it’s creamy, garlicky and full of parmesan cheese flavor.
This white sauce pairs perfectly with cooked chicken, mushrooms and onions. In fact, the flavors couldn’t go together any better.
For this recipe, I made a homemade pizza crust using my bread machine, and you can find that recipe here on my blog. But you can use your own favorite recipe, or even pick up a pre-made pizza crust from the grocery store. When you’ve got your dough all ready to go, make sure you maximize that white sauce and spread it on thick, right out to the edge of the crust.
Once the sauce has been added, it’s time to layer on the chicken, savory mushroom and onion mix. These are not just any mushrooms and onions… these are first sauteed in butter and wine. It looks good enough to eat already!
Add the cheese… the more the better.
And after about 20 minutes in the oven, you’ve got the most delicious White Pizza with Chicken, Mushrooms and Mozzarella. The smell as it bakes is amazing… you’ll be ready to eat!
While the pizza cools slightly, pour some Kendall-Jackson Vintner’s Reserve Chardonnay, then sit back, relax and enjoy. This is the best dinner. Everrrrrr.
Gooey, cheesy and delicious.
White Pizza with Chicken, Mushrooms and Mozzarella
- 1 pizza dough base
- 3 tbsp butter
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3 tbsp flour
- 1 cup cream
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
- salt & fresh ground pepper
- 1 – 2 cups cooked chicken
- 2 tbsp butter
- 2 cups sliced mushrooms
- 1 small red onion
- 1/2 tsp dried basil
- 2 tbsp Kendall-Jackson Vintner’s Reserve Chardonnay
- 2 cups shredded Mozzarella cheese
Making the white sauce:
- In a small saucepan, melt the butter.
- Add in the minced garlic and cook for 1 – 2 minutes.
- Stir in the flour and cook for 1 minute.
- Whisk in the cream until the sauce is smooth and creamy.
- Stir in the shredded parmesan cheese.
- Salt & pepper to taste.
Making the mushroom and onion mix:
- In a skillet, melt 2 tbsp butter.
- Add the mushrooms, onion, basil and wine.
- Cook until the mushrooms and onions are soft, and the liquid is gone.
Assembling the pizzas:
- Spread out the pizza crust onto a baking sheet greased with olive oil.
- Then spread the white pizza sauce out on to the dough base, making sure to get close to the edges. And don’t be afraid to spread the sauce on thick, as it doesn’t tend to run.
- Sprinkle on the cooked chicken.
- Layer on the cooked mushroom mix.
- Sprinkle on the grated cheese…be generous!
- Bake in a 400 degree oven for 20 minutes or until the crust is golden brown and the cheese is bubbling.
- Pour a glass of Kendall-Jackson Vintner’s Reserve Chardonnay and enjoy!
Have a delicious day!
Blog Hero Image:
Powered by WPeMatico