Enjoy the flavors of fall with this grilled pork loin, served over a bed of farro with roasted harvest vegetables and ripe plums.
This is my favorite time of year and I especially love a recipe that exudes delicious fall flavors and a grilled pork loin, seasoned with chopped rosemary and garlic, does just that. The best way to enjoy the season is by cooking with the fruits and vegetables that are plentiful during fall harvest. Adding sliced plums, along with roasted brussel sprouts and onion over a bed of seasoned farro makes for the perfect accompaniment to this grilled pork loin.
I must say, we couldn’t get enough of this pork tenderloin! It was seasoned with simple ingredients, but when grilled and served with the farro and harvest vegetables it was a wonderful combination of flavors. We each grabbed for second helpings and that included a few extra scoops of the fresh plums and farro. The touch of the sweet, delicious flavors of the plums were unexpectedly tasty and I kept wanting more.
Grilled Pork Loin with Roasted Harvest Vegetables
- (1) 3-4lb boneless pork loin
- 1 tbsp grapeseed oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tbsp fresh rosemary, chopped
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 cup organic farro
- 3 cups vegetable stock
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 cups brussel sprouts, halved
- 1 yellow onion, quartered
- 2-3 plums, sliced
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp ground black pepper
- Prep the grilled pork loin. In a small mixing bowl, combine the chopped rosemary, oil and minced garlic. Rub mixture all over the pork loin and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Let stand at room temperature for 30 minutes.
- While the pork loin is marinating, rinse and drain farro. Place in a pot and add salt and enough stock to cover (about 3 cups). Bring to a boil; reduce heat to medium-low and simmer 30 minutes. Drain off any excess water.
- Prepare your grill to medium-high heat, approximately 400-425°F. Place pork on grill, fat side down, while covered and turn every 10 minutes for about 50-60 minutes until the internal temperature (at the thickest part) reaches 145°F. Remove from grill, let rest for at least 10 minutes before carving and serving.
- During the grill time, prepare the harvest fruits and vegetables. Pre-heat oven to 400° and line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Trim the brussel sprouts and place in a mixing bowl with the onion quarters. Drizzle with olive oil, sea salt and fresh ground pepper. Roast for 45 minutes until crispy.
- Once ready to serve, place a bed farro topped with the grilled pork loin slices and add the roasted brussel sprouts, onion and sliced plums. Garnish with rosemary. Pour a glass of Vintner’s Reserve Pinot Noir and enjoy!
This is one of those meals that’s great to serve for just a couple (hello leftovers), a family (everyone will love the pork and plum combo) or a large gathering with the holidays around the corner. As the weather starts to cool down a bit, the pork loin is on the grill and you’re gathered around the dining table with a bottle of Kendall-Jackson Vintner’s Reserve Pinot Noir to catch up on the day’s activities or share stories about family. Once the grilled pork loin is served over a bed of farro and the harvest vegetables, pour another glass and enjoy the abundance of flavors that emulate the best of fall. Cheers!
Written by Kristin Mansky of Modish & Main.
Blog Hero Image:
Powered by WPeMatico